Fall Image

Print this page

Frequently Asked Questions


I am an International Medical Graduate. What are the requirements to work in Yukon?

Certificate of Standing requests.

I would like to do a locum in Yukon. What are the licensing requirements?

I am leaving the Yukon. What are the procedures for closing my practice and patient files?


Where can I find a list of physicians currently taking new patients?

Who are the current members of the Yukon Medical Council?

I would like to get a copy of my medical records. How do I go about this if I do not know where my last physician is?

  • Access to Medical Records (pdf 118KB)
  • Please call Yukon Medical Council at (867) 667-3774 to assist you in the process of locating your previous physician to request your medical file.

I need to see a specialist and I do not currently have a family physician?

  • In order to see a specialist you must be referred by a physician. If you do not have a family physician, there are walk-in clinics available in the interm. Please phone Health & Social Services new patient line to assist in the process of finding a family physician at (867) 393-6980.

I would like to file a complaint against a physician. What is the process to file a complaint?

Contact Us With Any Questions you may have


Yukon Medical Council - www.yukonmedicalcouncil.ca